Utah

Utah
a happy place

Friday, July 17, 2015

Lake Dixon Campout 2/14

2/14 

I was recently tasked with taking my fellow boy scout troop on a fishing camp out, since they knew that I probably knew what I was doing. I decided on Lake Dixon, because it has very nice campgrounds and good fishing, since they were stocking that week. I heard from one source that they would be stocking double, so I was anticipating wide open fishing were everyone could catch fish. Turns out, they only stocked the normal amount, so the fishing was actually kind of slow.  
We woke up at dawn and headed down to the lake, and got our spot at Jack Creek Cove. There were only a few fish circling the cove, and I could only manage a couple of takes. i decided to go over to Trout Cove and check things out, and sure enough there were fish being caught there, but it was either off or on. When i went back to Jack Creek, I heard that my buddy had almost landed a fish using a nightcrawler, but he lost him at the bank because of the lack of a net. Once the sun came up, some more fish moved into the cove, although they still had lockjaw. 
I finally condescended to curing that for two of them, washing indicators with a nightcrawler. 






Overall it was a great experience for everybody and we are glad that we did it. 


Conclusion: Nightcrawlers are a great cure for lockjaw.

Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, (and the fishes of the sea) I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly; (D&C section 89:12)

-keep sore liping 'em readers 

No comments:

Post a Comment